Friday, August 29, 2008

WPJA Third place...YES!

I've been a member of WPJA (wedding photojournalist association) since 2004 and I've placed many times in their quarterly contest, 6th, 8th, 4th (I was robbed)-- you get the idea. However, one doesn't get the blasted gold medallion next to your name unless you win a first, second or third-- kinda like the Olympics (then again, not) THANK YOU Scott and Maureen for walking into perfect light... snap, I got this moment and remember seeing the shadow as I was walking behind them. I thought "BOOYA! Contest entry!" I LOVE real moments like this...this is why I do what I do. I must admit, I haven't been entering much over the last year but now I'm re-energized.
(breathe, my medallion is not there yet, give them a time to update their site)

2 comments:

Dawn Kish Photo + Video said...

SHAZAM!!! good job...i'm proud of you...let it snow.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Beautiful photo...