Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kate + Norm are getting married!

Matt and I are delighted that my sister Kate is getting married to a great guy, Norm. We almost made "Norm for brother-in-law" t-shirts when we met him, but we didn't want to jinx the situation! They were VERY fun to photograph and we all had a good time making these images. They are a charming couple--both are Wildland firefighters--HotShots-- Norm on Mormon Lake crew and Kate on the Flagstaff Hotshots. Some photos are in order with the chainsaws but I thought we'd see how they clean up.

The planets aligned for us because Jamelle left a photo stand in the exact spot where we were finishing up some portraits and thank goodness we were able to get a little flash flavor(ah hem, the last four). Thanks Jamelle! I don't normally post 14 photos BUT hey, it's my sister, and I really like how these images turned out. I reinvented Flagstaff downtown and tried NOT to go to my usual spots. Kate has the most amazing blue eyes EVER. One tip for couples is to laugh a lot be yourself and HAVE FUN. I promise it will show through in the photos.

I didn't even PhotoShop these files. All images are straight out of Lightroom. I was too excited to mess around with PS.

*side note* I am experimenting with our branding and "striping" these photos with our logo. The whole logo blog thing...I'm on the fence. Comments?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

look at them...SHAZAM...and look at those beautiful blue eyes, oh baby.

Anonymous said...

Cam, the photos are wonderful! Norm and Kate are so special and it really shines through. I am so happy for them and all of us!

Anonymous said...

Cameron, your photos are amazing as always. The real question is, how many outfit changes did Kate go through to get these done? Congrats to Kate and Norm! PLEASE tell me Owen is going to be the ring bearer!
-Big Al

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sister's engagement!

Regarding the "striping" of your logo on your blog photos, I would respectfully submit that they are a distraction. I think the branding and watermarking of images typically serves two purposes: (1) brand recognition, when your images are found "in the wild", and (2) to prevent the reuse of your images without attribution. In the case of your blog, your visitors are already familiar with your brand via the blog header itself (that's how we found you for our own wedding). And #2 isn't really achievable; avoiding image piracy requires watermarking right over the subject, as on stock photography websites. Anything else is crop-able, and is not worth worrying about.

I am, of course, biased, as I'm a big fan of your work, and don't care to see that real estate shared with a logo! I think the tasteful copyright line that you have used in some photos is a better alternative.

Anonymous said...

Re: striping... Aunt Phyllis and I agree with Steve.

Re: Owen as ring bearer ... maybe Timmy or Timmy dragging Owen down the aisle.

Anonymous said...

"If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm."
Bruce Barton

It's obvious there was a lot of enthusiasm on both sides of the lens during this shoot.

Lily Writes said...

Kate, I am speechless.

These pictures are lovely. Great job Cameron!

Your eyes really are incredible and your hair looks fantastic. Norm is adorable.

I don't think I can pick a favorite.

xoxoLily

allison said...

I really like the train station photos! Great job with the beautiful movement and different lighting. They're awesome!

big jonny said...

Congrats to you both!

From big jonny & family