Monday, November 17, 2008

WPJA Trash the Dress Contest 5th Place


More exciting news! I won 5th place in the first ever Wedding Photojournalist Association Trash the Dress contest. I feel pretty honored because it seemed like the Polish took this award.

Trashing the Dress is a "post wedding" photo session where the bride and groom take some chances and are not afraid to "trash" the wedding dress. If you are interested, it's really fun and we can make some really AWESOME images. I have really wanted to do some of these session in the RED dirt in Sedona or in Oak Creek. After all, when are you really going to wear your wedding dress again? Saving it for your daughter? Did YOU want to wear YOUR mother's wedding 20-30 year-old gown? I didn't think so.... your dress is made for YOUR event and frankly I'm ready to make the most of it. They actually wash up pretty well. My buddy Matt sometimes calls it the "Wash the Dress" session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE photograph! As for "trashing" the dress....as long as the person who trashes it is the one who paid for it!!!