Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Steve + Carol | Hart Prairie | Flagstaff, AZ | Weddings

Steve and Carol have been together forever. They even went to prom together! When they called me to shoot their wedding, they said, "we've seen your work and we've seen your own wedding in Arizona Bride magazine and we want to pull off a similar event." So I gave them all the names of my great vendors and when I got to their wedding I have to admit I was a little nostalgic -- only two years ago it was me getting married in that same location (they actually picked a different spot but a few vendors were having a hard time managing the road logistics so it was changed to Hart Prairie). Anywhooo they "one-upped" me in many regards. Their ceremony location was tucked away behind some Aspen trees and it was beautiful (ours was too close to the tent) and they had lawn games and well, a better portable restroom facility. Me, I chose to save money on the port-a-potty-- yes, it was the regular old deal blue and everything. Carol and Steve; however, went all out with this ROYAL restroom and believe me it was worth it. Check out the totally RAD detail of the photographs they printed up, cut out, and pasted to construction paper and then hung on the "walk" towards the ceremony. Every guest stopped to check out the photos. Also their friends cut out these Aspen tree rounds and did flower arrangements, which turned out beautiful. Oh, oh, the pirates. Steve and Carol had been threatening to do a Pirate theme wedding for years and so Steve's family brought some pirate parafanilia to the wedding and we took some funny photos. That's Steve's sister and Dad posing: ARRRRrrrrrRRR! HAD to post this NOW!
**sidenote** their ceremony was 4 minutes. I thought we got pretty good images, considering... Thanks to my fabulous assistant, Jamelle, and also Pamela Matheus for shooting that day with me. See slideshow in it's own window here or view it on my blog



1 comment:

Sarah Pittard said...

Okay this was such a beautiful wedding!!! NICE WORK capturing everything so elegantly GIRLS!!!