Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Working with your honey

This is the look Matt gives me when he's pretty much DONE with me being the boss. A husband can only take so much direction from his wife prior to making this face, which I think really says it all. Matt and I are a great couple, we do lots of activities together in perfect harmony including mountain biking, hiking, cooking, ah hem...watching baseball (new one) and lately we shoot weddings together. 99% of all of our time spent together is fun and easy. Then there is that 1% of the time where you just get sick of the other person. It's mutual, I ASSURE you. I'm sure every married couple experiences this breaking point. The funny part (to me) is when it happens and we are supposed to be a "team" and one player just sat his/her self on the bench. Every husband-wife wedding photographer team knows what I'm talking about here... but give it up for this photo, because it really made me laugh when I saw it as I was editing today...I was asking him to stand there so I could test my off camera flash... see how excited he was about the test?

3 comments:

Andrew Niesen said...

I have to confess, I am often the one that "benches" about halfway into a wedding reception. That's about the time the 1% annoyed-ness factor kicks in! Ah, the joys of being a team :)

Rachel (and Andrew, who is currently benched!)

Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

but I must say, he looks handsome when he's mad. :)

sedona bride { destination wedding photographers } said...

That is TOO funny... I laughed so hard when I saw that photo of Matt! I KNOW that Andrew can totally relate with Matt on that one! :) Actually if I looked around in my files I'm sure I must have an image with one of those faces too!

I think it's something about the reception. You've been on your feet all day and you're dealing with a sometimes inconsistent and quirky flash... it's just enough to bring you to the 1% annoyed time. :)

They are still able to look very handsome despite THE look. :)

Katrina (+Andrew)