Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tagged: 8 things you might not know about Cameron

So I've been tagged by Mark at LaCour...here's 8 things you might not know about me.

1. I teach indoor cycling, often times called spinning, twice a week at Flagstaff Athletic Club and have taught spinning for almost 10 years.

2. I raced mountain and road bikes for the University of Georgia for a year or so... before I broke my hand in two places and had to have external pins and a cast for 12 weeks. Now I walk down the steep rocky terrain.3. I was a used car sales consultant at Carmax in Atlanta when I was 19 and won some crazy award for most sold cars in one weekend: 3.5 cars. I got a free pair of Infinity speakers, which I still have. 4. I was practically born sucking my two left fingers, index and whatever the one next to the index is... I kicked that habit at the young age of 18----when I was a FRESHMAN in college.

5. When I graduated from High School my career goal was to be an FBI agent. I entered college at NC State University as a pre-law /criminal justice major, because the FBI hires a lot of lawyers. I lived in Spain for a year, decided that I didn't want a job that didn't include foreign travel and changed my major to Advertising/Photojournalism, the rest is history.

6. In August of 2000, I road my bike 510 miles in 5.5 days from Fairbanks to Anchorage as a part of the Alaska AIDS vaccine ride. I had to raise $4,000 for AIDS vaccine research to go on the trip. I went alone, met so many great people.7. I consider ice cream to be the 5th food group. If you've ever lived with me, or anyone in my immediate family, we eat A LOT of ice cream. Favorite flavors? Green Tea is tied with Mint Chocolate Chip and of course I love anything at Dairy Queen, although mostly I get a small vanilla cone.

8. If I had all the time in the world, I would learn to knit, quilt, sew and do other things to be just like Laura Ingalls Wilder from Little House on the Prairie (quite possibly my favorite TV show of all time) Oh and I love musicals and musical soundtracks.

I think I'm supposed to "tag" other people with blogs, so I tag:

3 comments:

LaCour said...

Ha... You said if you had all the time in the world, you'd learn to quit... that's awesome : ) I know what you meant though. Good post Cameron. How crazy that you worked at Carmax. Wouldn't have guessed that... You should make Matt post his "8 Things" too since he's now part of CCP. ~ Erin

Anonymous said...

I didn't know all those things! How fun! I love the pictures too.

sedona bride { destination wedding photographers } said...

That's awesome Cameron! I knew about the biking accident, racing and the spin classes but I didn't know about the car max job... something tells me you'd be fantastic at that though. :) Mmmm green tea and mint chocolate chip mixed sounds good... Now it's Matt's turn. :)