Friday, August 3, 2007

Kate- the Hotshot



Kate after a 3 day "roll"

My sister Kate, is a wildland firefighter. They are called "hotshots," and this is what she looks like after a 3 day trip into the smoky wilderness... and then after... cleans up pretty well if you ask me. I plan to photograph her more in the future but I'm working on access. I'm proud of her for choosing to do such a bold job. It's amazing what she does. She is currently driving to Montana for a fire up there.

P.S. Kate is not really that much taller than me, she's got on heels and I'm in flats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool! I too dab a little with the Firefighting. I got my NPQ certification a few years ago...160 hours of training so that I can serve a volunteer community where my folks live on the lake in the woods :)

I have a lot of respect for Kate...Hotshots are no joke. That work is hardcore and very dangerous and muy calor!